[OM] OT: Internet Image copyrights

Subject: [OM] OT: Internet Image copyrights
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 12:58:57 -0400
Have any other list members had the experience of auctioning off an item
with a nice photo, only to have the buyer re-auction later with the same
image?   I sold a Zuiko 135 3.5 (now re-appearing as item #95927549)
with a photo I made with a  studio set-up (a few thousnad bucks worth of
gear.)

I sent the guy a firm but polite e-mail noting that if he had the
courtesy to ask for the use of the photo, I would have been flattered
enough to grant it.  This fellow appears to be deep enough into
photography to know about such things as copyright.  This is about as
commercial a use as I can imagine, and although the 3.5 Zuiko is a nice
lens I gotta say that the bids have hit $102.50 largely on the merits of
my photograph.

I apologize for this off-topic pet peeve.  I wish there was a way to
track the use of one's images on the web.  (If I was an unethical web
page designer I would make my first raid on The Unofficial Olympus
Gallery!)

Morgan Sparks