Re: [OM] Fixing banged up filter threads.

Subject: Re: [OM] Fixing banged up filter threads.
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 06:51:54 -0400
On: Sun, 02 May 1999 17:49:50
John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Use a small, soft wooden post, place it in dented are and hit post with
a small hammer.  Use light repeated hits to slowly bring the dent out.
This should straighten it without ruining the threads.

John, any suggestions on how one supports the lens while this hammering
is going on?  I've seen the ad in Porter's catalog for a piece of maple
with various contuors to support the rim.  What I don't know how to do
is support the other 900f the lens that's not being hammered on.  It
would seem that some sort of higly adjustable support is called for.  Or
is it only a bean bag on a box?

Chuck Norcutt