Re: [OM] OM-PC: Nice for glasses wearers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC: Nice for glasses wearers?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:01:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/99 6:04:20 AM EST, Ogreve@xxxxxxx writes:

<< >and it appeared to be significantly brighter. I also found that the image
 seemed easier to focus.

 Isn't this mainly dependent on the focusing screen that's used?

Hi, if I may further clarify a couple of points, (as a long time OM-PC user
myself)

Olympus calls the focusing screen a "super-bright Lumi-micron Matte type" It
is indeed easier to focus than some other OMs I have.(with the standard
screens)

The viewfinder shows 930f the actual image area.

The camera body frame is aluminum alloy, not brass.

Olympus placed this camera in between  beginner SLRs and professional ones.
Olympus classified this as the top model in the line of "two-digit" "general
purpose" SLRs
You get a program mode, auto mode, AND a manual mode; no spot metering, but
you do get easy exposure compensation. The ESP mode, in my experience, really
does work; and I was quite skeptical at first, thinking it was just some
"gimmick."

Regards,
George S.