[OM] OT: Customs Duties

Subject: [OM] OT: Customs Duties
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 13:17:13 -0500
Yamamoto-san,

I am not certain, but I think this customs 'free treatment' and other customs
duty
policy varies from port of entry to port of entry locations (which state),
although

they are part of U.S. Customs Agency.

I know that there are differences between New York (JFK) and San Francisco(SFO)
on allowable liquors that can be brought in without duties for non-commercial
use.
There may be different policies on exempt amount among port of entries in the
States.
Here in DFW, the Customs seems to have keener eyes for illegal substances rather
than personal use photo equipments.

Jim Terazawa