[OM] Micro Lens Converter --Was Macro Lens

Subject: [OM] Micro Lens Converter --Was Macro Lens
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 20:54:35 -0400
I tried to find a thread on the Macro lens question by someone, but I haven't
been able to, so I go by my memory.

If I remember correctly, the person was looking for a lens to do macro work on
something as small as 3mm.

I remember reading Gary Reese commenting that this would require a microscope.

I would like to point out that there are micro lens converters available from
Raynox.  B&H has a set of "Micro Explorer CM-3500 for $89.95. (on p.59 in their
June newsletter).  3 micro lenses (6x, 12x, 24x) will convert your 35mm format
lenses (135-300mm) or medium format (80-180mm) lens into one with micro
capabilities.  Comes with 52-67mm free-size adapter.

The Japanese catalog I have shows this set of lenses in more detail.   The
innards of a wrist watch of 33mm in diameter is shown in the 35mm frame.  With
the 300mm lens plus the 24x micro lens, the catalog shows a 8-fold
magnification.  This might be what the original poster was looking for.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/