Re: Re: Infinity and F-stop RE: [OM] Monopod & ball head

Subject: Re: Re: Infinity and F-stop RE: [OM] Monopod & ball head
From: GAPiccagli@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 20:56:43 EDT
The hyperfocal distance for an f-stop is that distance which, when focused
on, will result in acceptable sharpness from half that disatnce to infinity.
83 yrds is just a little bit mote than half of 150 yards, leading me to
wonder whether there is a definitional proble -- for example -- I wonder if
the table is giving you the near focus distance at f16 when the lens is
focussed at the hyperfocal distance. Just a thought.

Giorgio P.

Then again, is the table for 35mm or larger format?

GAP

<<Just how accurate are lens markings? I notice that on my 200/5 that
the hyperfocal distance  at f16 looks to be 150yds judging by the
lens markings. But according to the hyperfocal calculator at
http://www.frii.com/~mbaltuch/HyperFocal.html, the hyperfocal
distance for f16 should be 83.33 yards. Which should I trust?