Re: [OM] OM4T's can't swim!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T's can't swim!
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 08:25:32 PDT
From: JohnGardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why oh why are we so loyal when Oly cr*p all over us from such a
great height?
John.

I would think that's a quite relevant question. Personally speaking I continue with Oly only because of sentimental reasons. I had started photography about a decade back with an OM10 and it had been my faithful companion all these years. Works flawlessly and hasn't required any battery change in the last 10 years. I have got better photographs with my OM10 than my friends have with their Nikons. I would always (and still) gaze in wonder at the latest models of Nikons and Canons, but could never give up my OM10 as we had seen so much together. Me and my camera have been through snow, ice, freezing rain, tropical forests, deserts, sandy beaches and my OM never gave up on me. It's like a dog. You know your dog is old, and other dogs can run faster, but you'll never give up or stop loving your dog. You would still think your dog's the best in the world. I am attached to my camera, not to the Olympus company. The only connection with Olympus is that my camera happens to be Olympus.
-Arnab.