Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:31:44 -0500
At 12:46 PM 5/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>These tests are very interesting, Joel.
>I'll see if I can find such a tele support here.  Am I right that Bogen and
>Manfrotto are really the same brand, so that here I should be looking for a
>Manfrotto? How does it look like anyway?

Yes, Bogen and Manfrotto are the same. The lens support has a quick-release
plate for the camera-body end and the front of the lens rests on a cradle
support which moves in or out to suit the length of the telephoto.  A hook
and loop (velcro) strap is included to hold the front of the lens in the
lens cradle.  There is a pivot joint under the quick-release plate under
the camera body that allows the camera to pivot up and down as much as
needed to accommodate telephotos of whatever diameter.  When this pivot is
locked down it also secures the camera to the support along with the strap
in front.  It is secure enough that one can do verticals with complete
confidence.

The support is secured to the tripod at any one of a number of holes on the
bottom rail of the support.  One picks the hole which gives the entire
lens/camera/support combination the best balance.

>It would also be interesting if Gary retested this lens on another body (I
>think he uses an OM-1?) someday...
>
>Hans

The thought had occurred to me too. ;-)

Joel