[OM] OM10 and flash

Subject: [OM] OM10 and flash
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:56:22 EDT
>Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 23:26:35 +0200
>From: egreen <egreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Hi,
>Can you help me how to set up my OM10 to work with a flashlamp
>Thanks,

HI Piotr.
The OM10 works in two modes - (1)Manual mode (I think a pain since you need
to deal w/ GN numbers and do algebra - but before I tick members of the list
off - you do have lots of control) or (2) in Normal Auto Mode.  [note: You
can not do TTL mode with the OM10 like w/ the OM2 and OM4]

For Normal Auto Mode (I dont know the flash unit you have but if it is a T20
or T32 or T... it is the same) you flip the calculator on the back so you can
see the scales.  You set the ASA of the film you are using, you Select the
F-stop from the calculator you have acouple of choices in F-stop depending on
where you put the little switch on the bottom part of the calculator) and
adjust the camera lens to match that selected F-stop. The 'O' in Olympus on
the front of the flash unit has a light sensor and will shut the flash off at
the correct time - hence the "Normal Auto".

Does this help?
Cheers

Ken M