Re: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--system versus system???

Subject: Re: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--system versus system???
From: "Branko GT" <gjuro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 16:46:42 +1000
-----Original Message-----
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx <ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 6 May 1999 4:59
Subject: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--system versus system???

>Hi Folks again,
>
>     In my previous posts, I expressed an intense interest in lens by lens
>matchups against the German make. However, I am even more interested in
what
>I would call "system" by "system" matchups. By system, I mean a single
camera
>body and no more than 3 lenses.

System : OM
                 Why: I know it well and like it even more. Handling and
versatility wise it compares favourably to MF or LF. I like the way it looks
and handles. It has all the accessories I'll ever need. ( In MF I'd choose
Hasselblad and in LF Linhof Technika)
Camera : OM4Ti
                Why: Do I really need to explain it. If there is anyone here
on the list that needs convincing I'll email privately.
Lenses: 16F3.5, 18f3.5, 35-105F3.4-4.5,  ( or 50F1.2 instead of 35-105)
                Why: This is, I guess, a personal choice and it relates more
to focal lengths then to actual lenses. If I've chosen another system I
would have probably listed the same focal lengths in another make. All the
listed lenses produce brilliant images which resemble closely the way I see
in the first place.

cheers
bgt

(after very very very long silence)