Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:25 -0400
Gary Reese wrote:
>Joel writes:
> >It would also be interesting if Gary retested this lens on another body (I
>  >think he uses an OM-1?) someday...
>A OK.  I can try a OM-3 and an OM-4.  But it'll be awhile.  I >still haven't
found time to evaluate the 4 1/2 rolls of slides I >just shot.
Gary, I can sympathize with you regarding the amount of time required to
evaluate the slides from your test shots since I did it myself yesterday.

I hope you'll consider using the 2-4 screen without a Varimagnifinder.  The 1-8
screen is for astrophotography and as such, it may not be suited for the type of
test shooting you have been doing indoors under tungsten light.

To those who have lenses Gary has tested so far.  I think in order to evaluate
his results, one needs to read his testing conditions.  You don't necessarily
have to accept his results as the final word on a particular lens.

The 200mm/5 lens, for example, is intended for outdoor photography. It may not
withstand the kind of testing conditions Gary utilizes.

My two cents/two yen.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/