[OM] Winder 2 tripod/monopod mount

Subject: [OM] Winder 2 tripod/monopod mount
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 14:31:02 -0500 (CDT)
While I know that putting a winder between the camera and a camera
support is generally a bad idea, there are times it would be nice
(i.e. panning on a monopod while shooting wildlife or sports, being
able to change configurations quickly, etc.).

Unfortunately, the mounting hold on my winder two is too shallow for
either my tripod head (3030) or monopod head (Manfrotto 234) to
attack to the winder without any play left in the connection.

Is this a common problem?

Short of shortening the screw or carrying a washer around with me, is
there an easy solution to this problem?

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel