Re: [OM] Adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Adapters
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 1999 07:05:54 +1000
Pablo Fernandez <pfernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net
and spake thusly:

> Can you tell me something about adapters ?
>
> OM Zuiko in Nikon or Canon cameras. Can I do it ?
>
> Nikon or Canon lenses in Olympus cameras

Sure you can do it.   You'll probably lose most automation.

For some combinations you just need an adaptor ring.   For others an
adaptor with internal lens is needed.

My M42->OM converter behaves like a 1.25x teleconverter due to its
lens.   (Anyone sighted a non-optical version?)

Robert Monaghan's Lens Mount Converter FAQ page has all the info you'll need:

        http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronmounts.html

cjb.

--
 chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, when he visits the Real World, is Christopher J. Biggs
 Impossible Software Engineering,  Stallion Technologies, Brisbane Australia.