Re: [OM] Winder 2 tripod/monopod mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 tripod/monopod mount
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:58:34 -0400
<<: Unfortunately, the mounting hold on my winder two is too shallow for
: either my tripod head (3030) or monopod head (Manfrotto 234) to
: attack to the winder without any play left in the connection.
: Is this a common problem?
: Short of shortening the screw or carrying a washer around with me, is
: there an easy solution to this problem?

<<My Manfrotto tripod had the same problem. I put some self-adhesive rubber
isolation material (~2mm thick) on the tripod's quick release.

Hi guys,

Not long ago we had a thread on this same problem with
the Stroboframe brackets on winders.
I have a (Nikon) spacer.  It is actually a round piece of
rubber 3mm thick, with a 1/4 inch hole in the center.
It is about 2 inches wide and nubby on one side.
That is why it cost $12 I guess.
I am sure you could make your own and avoid Nikon
equipment all together.
Put it on top of the bracket not below.  It is much more stable.
Of course if you lose things like eye cups and lens caps, make a couple.

Charlie L.