RE: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/20

Subject: RE: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/20
From: "Tim Breen" <timbreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 00:44:11 -0500
Giles,

Joe's thinking, as he said to me, was to widen the stance to dampen the
vibration and to lower the profile to minimize the effect of wind. After he
suspended weight from the center post and added sandbags on top the the
whole deal looked like a machine gun from some WWII movie. I could not argue
with his results however. The images (a week's worth of lectures) are some
of the sharpest I've ever had the pleasure to view.

Tim