Re: [OM] Diffuse Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Diffuse Flash
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 17:08:50 +0200
:     I was wondering if the TTL flash system compensates for the use of a
: diffuser all by itself.  As I understand, the shutter will stay open until
: the film recieves enough light, so I guess in theory it does.  But is the
: shutter speed displayed in the viewfinder (1/60) correct in this case?

A diffuser on a TTL flash, like the T32 Wide Adapter, reduces its GN and
therefore working range; both minimum and maximum working distance are
reduced. The reduced GN is compensated for by adjusting the flash duration.
The shutter staying open untill enough light is received with flash
photography is only true for the OM-2, when not enough light is emitted by
the full flash duration. The OM-2n and OM-4(Ti) have a fixed shutter speed
of 1/60 in Auto mode with a T flash.

Hnz