Re: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F

Subject: Re: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)
From: GAPiccagli@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 19:37:59 EDT

<<>As I was closing this note the Heisenberg principle suddenly popped into
>my churning brain and caused me to wonder... what if the cause of the
>resonance was the addition of a laser pointer :)

Let's see, Heisenberg was talking about sub-atomic physics, right? <g> >>

Well, he was, but there is room here for two comments:

a) the OM series is not much larger, is it? and
b) the more general point is that the act of observing, including the
instrumentation used, affects and even alters what is observed.

Those of us with teen-age children know that by experience.

Ciao.

Giorgio P.