Re: [OM] Customs: A Tale of Two Cities

Subject: Re: [OM] Customs: A Tale of Two Cities
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 12:35:22 +0000
Contrast the tales of Canadian customs with my recent experience returning to
Shannon airport from the UK last St Patrick's day.

We all piled of the plane and headed for customs and the exit.  When we got to
the
customs counters there was no one there, no officails in site and the gates
were
locked.  I was contemplating climbing over the counter when a lone official
came out
of a side door and headed over to the gates with a puzzled look on his face.
"Who
are you" he called to us.  We replied and he hurriedly unlocked the gates and
let us
out.

Giles