Re: [OM] 100mm/ 2.8 E. Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm/ 2.8 E. Zuiko
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 11:04:50 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, May 08, 1999 10:48 AM

Here we go again.

Giles

According to Olympus USA, there is a very simple way to tell if a lens
is MC. Look at the front ring on the lens and observe how the word
ZUIKO is inscribed. F. ZUIKO, G. ZUIKO, H. ZUIKO, etc., is an SC lens.
ZUIKO MC is an MC lens. The word ZUIKO by itself, with no preceeding
letter or no suceeding MC is also an MC lens.

Regards,
John Austin

According to Lee Hawkins' list of lenses the above is not exactly correct.
Hawkins' lists some MC lenses showing a leading letter and some SC lenses
with no leading letter.

Check out

http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey

for details

The very first entry on the list

16    3.5  103400  Black       SC    No        Zuiko

is an example in question

jh

<<<