Re: [OM] Customs: A Tale of Two Cities

Subject: Re: [OM] Customs: A Tale of Two Cities
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 14:44:31 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 8 May 1999 10:03:24 -0500, Jay Maynard wrote:

>On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 02:03:52PM -0500, Barry B. Bean wrote:
>> FWIW, I always carry a press ID in my camera bag. Even though my ID
>> states that I work for WEVL Radio, and it was granted in 1988, it
>> seems to work just fine when it needs to.
>
>Dumb question: Who'd believe a press ID for a photographer for a radio
>station?

I've never had a problem. Usually they just take a cursory glance to
be sure its official looking. The Secret service had no problem with
it when Carter was in town a few years ago, so I suppose that's a
seal of approval.

BBB

FWIW - the reason it says WEVL radio is that I was their program
director for several years in the late 1980s. I was simultaneously
writing for a several music magazines, but it was easier to write my
own authentication for the state on radio station letterhead than to
get one of my editors (who could scarcely be bothered to sign
paychecks) to write one.

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx