Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 20:20:44 -0500
Quite right, Warren, but unless you come up with a folded optical path to
increase sensitivity, the laser tests have accomplished nothing that Gary didn't
already do just shooting the resolution target.

Better to isolate the effects of vibration by comparing vibration-free exposure
(open flash with a shutter held open in a dark room) to a full dynamic exposure
(normal shutter operation).  As I said, if both are soft, it's the lens.  If
only
the normal shutter exposure is soft, it's vibration/resonance.

John Hermanson is right.  There are certainly OM body/lens combinations that may
suffer from vibration, but the OM series is remarkably well harmonized.  I just
don't believe it is nearly as big a problem as the volume of discussion makes it
out to be.

That said, since I sold the 200/4 I had, I will be happy to take anyone's off
their hands for, say, 25 bucks and spare you the anguish of shutter-induced
vibration disasters!  ;-)

Gary Edwards