Re: [OM] T32

Subject: Re: [OM] T32
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 09:24:11 +0000
At 10:08 5/9/99 , Foxy wrote:
>For an OM-2n, the F280 does not give any extra features. The T32 is more
>powerful, and also has normal auto. I haven't used the F280, but I am
>thinking of buying one and putting in an adapter to use high speed flash
>sync with FP sync on the OM-1 and 2. Dreams at present.
>
>Foxy

Having used a T32 and F280 on my OM-4 they both worked just fine for
TTL/OTF.  The slightly lower GN for the F280 never created any serious
limitations with my work even when using Kodachrome 64 inside a medium
sized reception hall.  If I didn't already have a T32, I would have kept
the F280.  Those shooting things like weddings and other events inside
*huge* churches or reception halls (read cavernous) and outdoors would
probably want something like a T45 (GN = 146 in feet at ISO 100) that can
light up not only your back yard, but a couple of the neighbor's as well,
just like the old Press 25 flashbulbs did.

Just be sure to issue sunglasses to your victims before hitting them with
something as strong as a T45 (or Press 25 bulbs) full blast at short range.
 BTW when I was very young I thought "circles of confusion" was what one
suffered after dad used Press 25's in a bowl reflector (and Kodachrome 25)
to take pictures of us at Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.   ;-)

-- John