Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 23:01:20 +0000
You have given me an idea.

How about lenses with LCD apertures?

You could have perfectly circular apertures for terrific bokeh.

If you employed an LCD matrix you could have programmable soft focus with a
central
aperture surrounded by smaller holes.  There would be no vibration upon
actuation.

Of course there would likely be an optical penalty for the extra stuff in the
optical path.  I have heard some thoughts that LCDs have a limited life so this
would be a disadvantage but that sword of Damocles (sp?) is hanging over our
OM2-Sp
and OM3/4 models anyway.

Giles