Re: [OM] Your favourite camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Your favourite camera
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:57:06 -0800

Charlie Loeven wrote:

>OM1 is in with 1 vote.

Not to influence other list members (yeah right!), I would
however like to suggest that if we want to push the OM cameras
to a more visible position in this admittedly non-scientific poll,
it is advisable to consolidate votes for closely related models,
e.g. the owners of OM-1 or M-1 -- pls vote for the OM-1N, owners
of OM-4 or OM-4T or OM-4Ti -- pls vote for the OM-4T, etc.

There are not too many of us OM users left, and IMHO splintering
the vote does us no good.  I don't know who is behind this ballot,
but whatever their agenda -- it couldn't hurt to demonstrate some
unity in the OLY camp.  E.g., I voted for the OM-4T, even though
my working camera is an OM-4, and I like a few other OM bodies
very, very much.  Howver, the OM-4T seems to have the best chance
to make its way to the Top 10, and I'd like to see at least one
OM body up there.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA