[OM] Re: Your (our) favourite camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Your (our) favourite camera
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:16:06 -0500
I put the OM-2S in and it quickly went up to 2. Now it's at 1.  I sent them
a note (which clocked for a long time as it tried to wake up their server,
which is more likely where the diabolical villains lie than the nefarious
Nikon owners -- wow, the FE2 is way up there; add spot metering and it
would be almost as good as the OM-2S).

As regards Gary Schloss's suggestion that we consolidate our efforts --
this makes sense, especially as regards the OM-4 and OM-4T.  Confusion lies
however in deciding between the OM-1 and OM-1n and OM-2 and OM-2n.  I would
urge people just to vote for the principle model and not treat the "N"
model as a different camera (even though there are obviously some genuine
differences).  The exception to this seems to be the OM-2S, which is
clearly a different camera from the previous OM-2's.

I would humbly suggest voting from this list if you wish to vote for
single-digit OM's:

OM-1
OM-2
OM2S(P)
OM-3T(i)
OM-4T(i)

I suggest the "T" designations for the OM-3 and OM-4 simply because the
items still in production with those designations.

All IMHO,

Joel