[OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release

Subject: [OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:27:09 -0700
I experienced the following today and wonder if someone can shine some light
on the issue.

1. My TTL meter worked fine in both auto and manual mode, the shutter fired,
and I wound on to the next frame.

2. I set the delayed shutter release, took a TTL reading, pressed the
shutter release button, the camera went into the 12 second wait mode and
died.

3. I rewound the film and then set the speed dial to manual 1/60 and the
shutter triggered.

4. With no film in the camera the TTL meter worked fine again in auto and
manual mode both in variety of speed and aperture combinations, the shutter
fired, and I wound to what would have been the next frame. I tried resetting
the shutter release button, and went through the motions of taking a delayed
shutter release shot. The delay worked after the 12 or so second wait
period.

5. I rewound the film into the camera and it worked just fine .... see 1
above.

6. I repeated step 2 above and again the camera died.

7. I then repeated steps 3 and 4 above and got the outcome mentioned in step
4.

8. I rewound the film again and tried to repeat step 4 but nothing worked
except by engaging the manual 1/60 shutter release.

My question is:

Do I have a faulty camera or have I just experienced the symptoms of a dying
and then  a dead set of camera batteries which renders the camera
inoperative other than through the use of the 1/60 manual shutter option?

Thanks for any help which may be forthcoming.

John Hudson