Re: [OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 20:40:46 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, May 10, 1999 8:07 PM

>> 2. I set the delayed shutter release, took a TTL reading, pressed the
>> shutter release button, the camera went into the 12 second wait mode and
>> died.
>
>John,
>
>sounds to me like a dying set of batteries.
>
>  All that flashing and beeping appears to take its toll on
>weak batteries leading to the symptoms you observed.
>
>  I've had the same thing happen on my OM-4 when batteries were
>nearing the end of their life.
>
>     duncan

Thanks. I had sort of concluded that I was experiencing terminal battery
life! Is there any practical way of estimating the useful life of the two
batteries in the OM4T........ number of rolls of film used, etc. perhaps,
and any contributory factors such as surrounding air temperature, whether
one is generally shooting in poor or bright light, etc?

All I know is that today I missed a few good shots on account of having a
dead camera and no spare batteries. Before someone leaps in and reminds me,
I will be buying four new batteries tomorrow ...... two to go and two
spares!!

jh