Re: [OM] OM4-battery drain

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4-battery drain
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:57:22 -0400
A 4 must go through the entire "meter on" cycle with ammeter leads attached
before drain can be measured.  Use a quality DVM that will read microamps
accurately.   Plus lead to battery, negative lead clipped to lens mount.
Make sure ss dial is not on mechanical B or 60. While holding plus lead to
top of battery sitting in battery box,  in one continuous motion, push meter
switch to battery check and then immediately to auto.
Now  you must wait 90 seconds (not sure) for the meter to turn off
automatically.  You'll know the meter turns off by the sudden drop in your
ammeter reading.    Thgis last reading is your idle or standby drain.
A high drain 4 will be around 35 micro amps (Or .035 milli amps).  A better
4 is  10 microamps or less.

John
http://www.zuiko.com