Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #903

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #903
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:25:25 +0000
The batteries would not need to be in the lens, only contacts to get power from
the
body.

If the batteries die in any wonderbrick you are stuck.

Are all LCDs affected by heat?  I thought the military used various devices
that
include LCDs.  Perhaps there are heat resistant versions?

I know they would not be compatible with older bodies but for the OM6 they
might
;-)

I think two LCDs that are configured to polarize at 90 deg to each other would
be
fairly opaque.  Again, don't the military have goggles to protect from lasers
and
nuclear flash - must be pretty opaque.

Fragile?  I think the lens elements would break first.

My idea of the LCDs was not so much because they are infinitely adjustable but
more
that the would be vibrationless in operation.  This might offset any image
degradation due to more junk in the optical path; then again it might not.

Sure Oly could add a blade or two but this would not address the vibration
problem.

I was not that serious.

I just thought that if Olympus were ever to try and regain ground in the SLR
market
some gimmicks that the others don't have might attract the techno geeks.

How about an OM6 with Infra red metering mode? ;-)

Giles