Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe

Subject: Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:49:39 GMT
>>> Lots of us are using an extra 50/1.8 as a loupe.  Anybody have any idea
>> approximately what magnification ratio this lens would have when used as a
>> loupe?>>
>
>Well, we've heard 5X and 8X so far. Is there a definitive answer to this
>question??

See
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/loupe.html
and
http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/photo/pseudoschneider.html

for some comments on making your own loupe, with a few remarks on the
magnification for a 75mm enlarger lens (2.5x) and a 50mm Canon
(slightly higher !!!!, according to the author of the second article)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL