Re: [OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T and delayed shutter release
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:41:07 -0700
John;

Two things take the greatest toll on 4T batteries, IME, in order of
importance:

        1) COLD. When I use mine at night, in the winter, doing moonlit
autoexposures I can go thru a set of batteries every few rolls, or even
sooner.  I've learned to do an autoexposure of the scene, note the
exposure time, then switch to B and manually bracket.

        2) Self-timer (especially when combined with 1) above. As I and others
have said, the beeper and the LED consume quite a bit of current
relative to what else is going on.  I haven't ever put a scope on it,
but I hope Oly is driving the LED with a low duty cycle square wave, as
this will save a lot of juice over a direct connect to 3 volts.

George