Re: [OM] Delayed shutter release - final

Subject: Re: [OM] Delayed shutter release - final
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:13:52 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/99 6:03:05 PM EST, jahudson@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< ......having been to one of our mainline repair facilities; the replacement
 batteries I bought earlier today from  large drug store were 100 0ead right
 out of the sealed package !! Now having got a second replacement set which
 are 100% alive my OM4T works just fine...... :-)))

 John Hudson

It sounded like dead batteries to all of us on the list, including the
revered Dr. Hermanson, President of The Institute. A good reason to have
several spares, not just one set, on hand. And not to berate you- but why
didn't you test the new batteries with your tester before making the trip to
the repair facility? You are very fortunate that the repair guy didn't have
you leave the camera for 3 or 4 weeks, then replace the batteries and then
charge you a good amount for a "repair" he did not do!
There are a**holes like that out there. Again- don't take what I say the
wrong way- we've all been there at one time or another, where the answer to
the problem was something so simple we smacked ourselves in the forehead
later. Glad the lesson didn't really cost you much.

Regards,
George S.