Re: [OM] E. Zuiko 100mm/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] E. Zuiko 100mm/2.8
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:09:28 +0000
This reply is off-list as this is a frequent query and many listees are getting
tired of the topic.

Below is a repost of the easiest method.  Another is to look at the colour of
the
reflections from the front or rear elements.  If one of the colours is
distinctly
green or aquamarine the lens is MC - no green, no MC.

Your lens is SC.  MC lenses have  lower levels of lens flare when the sun or
other
bright lights/objects are in the frame.  They also tend to have slightly better
contrast.  However so many of the great  photos taken this century have been
with SC
or no C lenses that I would not worry too much about it.

Regards

Giles
According to Olympus USA, there is a very simple way to tell if a lens is MC.
Look
at the front ring on the lens and observe how the word ZUIKO is inscribed. F.
ZUIKO,
G. ZUIKO, H. ZUIKO, etc., is an SC lens. ZUIKO MC is an MC lens. The word ZUIKO
by
itself, with no preceeding letter or no suceeding MC is also an MC lens.

Regards,
John Austin