R: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?

Subject: R: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:55:58 +0200
someone reported good results with a 3x but I don't remember who on which
lens.

Generally MC 2x TC with 6 or 7 elements are reputed better than 4 elements
counteparts.

There are also "macro" TC that allow a sort of "focusing" in close up or
macro work and others that are easily changed in an empty macro tube when
you need it (I have a Sigma of this kind).

My recent buyings are in the $15-$60 range for MC of 6 or 7 elements. The 2
$60 ones are that Sigma "tele-macro" (used but mint) and a Kenko MC7 macro
new but of old stock in a store.

I do think they are all of the right diameter for the Olympus tripod mount
ring, that is a good thing too.

Marco