Re: [OM] Light via viewfinder/eyeglasses

Subject: Re: [OM] Light via viewfinder/eyeglasses
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:49:42 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Stackhouse <jstack@xxxxxxxx>
To: 'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 7:42 PM
Subject: [OM] Light via viewfinder/eyeglasses

Any suggestions for cutting down the light that enters from the viewfinder
on the OMs? I have an Eyecup2 on an OM1N but wear glasses. Light still gets
in and there is a significant drop in meter when I cup my hand over. I'm
aware of the diopters and lens cup and welcome any suggestions for good
combos for eyeglasses (cup1, off brands).

with my OM4T. I thought that the light meter was activated only by light
entering through the lens and not by backfill light going through the eye
piece into the metering system. I wear glasses and make sure that I do not
scratch the lenses by putting them right up against the eye piece. So far I
have not experienced noticeably incorrectly exposed photos on account of
leakage of backfill lighting.

jh

I don't see well without my glasses and hate to take them off for every
snap. Besides contact lenses, any other suggestions? Thanks.

Please excuse any garbage the Outlook adds - If you know how to "turn off"
the options that add the junk - please help.