[OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:07:07 EDT
The last time I wrote on the above subject I was thinking about taking my
Pentax 645 but have had second thoughts and decided to take two OM bodies
because I want to take some black and white as well. I think I will take the
OM4T and OM2s.

I wonder if I could trouble the group for some advice on the low light
metering capabilities of the OM4Ti. What is the longest automatic exposure I
can make with a spot meter on the OM4Ti?

Also with manual metering on the OM4T and OM2s, what is the lowest exposure
(EV setting) I can make within the metering range. Shipman mentions that the
OM1 has an EV value of EV 2 at ASA 100 @f/1.4 which means I can count down
and make an equivalent exposure of 2 minutes at f/22. My version (1985)
doesn't list the exposure measuring range for the OM2s and OM4T and I can't
find it in the Hawkins FAQ.

Keeping in mind also the latest Pop. Photo results on exposures between 1/8
and 1/30 second and mirror shake, I will make use of mirror prefire whenever
possible.

Warren Kato