Re: [OM] Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide Angles
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:29:49 -0700
Tony,

Given these choices, I'd buy the 24/2.8.  Three reasons: 1. it offers the
most radical perspective difference from your other lenses--35 is pretty
close to 50; 2. while 28 is good, 3.5 is a bit slow; 3. this is a magical
lens;  I love mine--even though it is not as sharp or contrasty as my 28/2,
28/2.8, or 21/3.5, there seems to be something about this particular single
coated lens.

For some people, shooting with wide-angle lenses takes a bit of getting used
to.  My partner just inherited an EOS 20mm, and while she began using it
sporadically as a kind of novelty item, I noticed that by the end of our
last trip she was leaving it on a lot of the time. Myself I find that I'm
switching between 21, 24, & 28 much of the time.

Bottom line: any of these lenses will be a welcome addition to your arsenal.
And just remember they're light (no pun intended)--my 21,24 &24/2.8 combined
take up as much space and weigh about as much my Tamron 90/2.5.

Glen