[OM] New Olympus IS C-160 and C-210 teleconverters withdrawn?

Subject: [OM] New Olympus IS C-160 and C-210 teleconverters withdrawn?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:59:18 +0200
Hi all

When the new IS-300 (IS-30 in the US) was added to the line of new
cameras at Olympus Japan's website earlier this year there was a
mention of two optional teleconverters for this new IS model. One was
a C-160 1.45X converter (giving 160 mm) and the other one was a C-210
1.9X converter (giving 210 mm). Both these converters although
released with the new IS-300 could obviously also be used with the
older IS-100/-S/-200 models, and thus presumably were to replace the
already existing IS/L C-180 1.7X converter (which gives 180 mm). The
info about IS-300 at this page
 http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/Lsrs/is300E.html ) has
recently however been changed, and now there is no mention whatsoever
of any converters. Is it possible that these new converters has been
withdrawn due to technical problems or what? I think we have at least
a couple of IS-30 owners on this list, and maybe any of you know more
about this?

To all Olympus OM users on the list: This was my biannual Olympus IS
question (just to keep the IS discussions alive)          :-)
(BTW dont worry, I am an OM user myself as well; OM-2SP).

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden