Re: [OM] Mirrror lockup effecting resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrror lockup effecting resolution
From: "Garry D. Lewis" <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:13:12 -0500
Clyde Soles wrote:

> >It's sort of embarrassing but Pop. Photo just did a comparison study of
> >mirror lockup with the OM1 and the OM4Ti without mirror lockup (obviously) or
> >mirror pre-fire. Between shutter speeds between 1/8 and 1/60 they found an
> >increase in resolution from between 13% to 43%.
>
> For those of us who don't bother with that mag, could you please clarify.
> Are you saying the 4 was better than the 1 with mlu?

  Just got my POP. Photo and according to their test - An Om-1 produced
sharper number (with the mirror locked up) than the Om4Ti form a
range of 5sec. to 1/60.
        Also the last sentence seems to hint that this is just the first of a
series os
article devoted to camera vibration. Most of the info is geared to Nikon but
it was mostly addressing the - mirror up vs. mirror down question. Also
in the same issue is an article on sharpness loss of long lense /tripod support
positions. DOESN"T THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?

                        yours I think this issue might be useful,

                                                    Garry D. Lewis