[OM] Continued OM filter questions....

Subject: [OM] Continued OM filter questions....
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 12:11:26 PDT
I have received several helpful responses regarding a circular polarizer for a 21mm/3.5. Several people offered the advice of stepping up from 49-55, which I already do, but for travelling, I want just my 49mm filter threads, and 49mm filters.

So the next part of the question:

1) Does anyone have direct experience with the Olympus polarizers? I believe I heard they were made by Hoya, as are many other manufacturers filters. (??????)

2) Would anyone owning a 49mm Olympus polarizer, especially someone in the Bay Area, Calif. be willing to let me borrow their filter for a few tests???? I have a 52mm B & W, and a 55mm Hoya, but I would like a good circular polarizer (49mm) for my 21, 50 and 100mm travel lens combo.

3) Or can anyone comment further on their circular polarizer opinions????? It seems silly to buy one, if another is regarded as superior.

Thanks, james.