Re: [OM] T32 / OM1 Connection

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 / OM1 Connection
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:27:51 -0500
At 06:08 PM 5/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been using a Sunpak383 for the last several years on a stroboframe
>connected it to my OM1N via a sync cord to X. I recently received a T32 (no
>documentation) and there is no where to connect it to the FP/X connector. I
>want to use it on the stroboframe. What are my options?
>
>Will I get standard automatic only or is there a way to connect for TTL.
>There is a 3 prong connector and a 5 prong on the flash. What mode do I get
>when it's on the shoe. Help.

Hi.  What I use, reluctantly, is a Duo-Sync cord. These are no longer made,
but you can find them around.  If you find one dedicated for Olympus,
you're in business for manual, auto, and TTL (on cameras where this
applies).  With the OM-1N, of course, you won't get TTL, but the little red
ready light in the viewfinder will work.  If you can do with just manual,
then almost any cord you find will work for your purpose.

The reason I say that I use the cord reluctantly is that it is flimsy.  It
doesn't make a tight connection with the shoe on my OM-2S (which affects
only the ready light in the viewfinder not the main flash itself, so I
don't worry about it), but it works very well with the OM-1N in all
respects.  Truthfully, I am appreciating it more and more as it has come in
very handy.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA