Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:49:17 EDT
Ron writes:

> It may well be that when one uses exposure times of 30-60
>  seconds, the variation of exposure times between using film in the camera
>  and not may be insignificant in proportion.  What do you think?

Wishful thinking, I'd say.  A 1 stop error is a one stop error, be it at
1/15th vs. 1/30th sec., or at 15 vs. 30 sec.  Besides film vs. no film in the
camera, we have already discovered here on the List that film surface
reflectance varies widely from standard 18% reflectance.  (See the Archive
from 1998 for data).

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV