Re: [OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"

Subject: Re: [OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 22:33:05 -0400
I organize my stuff in a very different way - I've taken over most of the
drawer space in our dresser.  I have two bags - a very small Oly hardcase
and a large LowePro Magnum that generally sit empty.  Depending on what I'm
going to shoot, I pick a bag, then start rummaging the drawers.

Drawer1:  Mamiya M645 kit - body, 2 finders, 4 lenses, bellows, 2 grips,
double cable release, 120 film
Drawer2:  OM Macro - 6 macro lenses, extension tube set, close-up filters,
telescoping auto-tube, bellows, slide duplicator, double cable release,
spare focus rail
Drawer3:  OM general lenses - 7 lenses ranging from 21mm to 135mm, 1.4x and
2x t/c, plus the 250 back and magazines
Drawer4:  OM flash - T-20's, T-32's, F280, macro flashes and an old Sunpak
411, Power bounce grip 2, various battery packs, cords and adapters
(multi-conector, T-20 adapter, etc.)
Drawer5:  OM bodies - 5 bodies, 2 winders, 2 MD2's, M.15v and M.18v power
paks, lots of filters, focus screens, batteries, flash shoes, handheld
meter, 35mm films
Drawer6:  radial guider, T-adapter, telecompressor and other misc.
astrophoto bits
In the closet are the two Tokina ATX telephotos - 80-200 and 300 f/2.8's,
tri- and mono- pods, and the two bags.

With this organization, I can pack for any occasion in about 5 minutes flat,
except for astro work.  Setting up the scope takes 30-40 minutes and at
least half a dozen trips back and forth.  My standard "grab and go" kit is
the OM4T w/35-80 f2.8 on top of the dresser.  The small kit adds a lens and
a T-20 in the Oly bag.  For low light, no flash, the small kit is the OM-2n
with the 21 and 85 f/2's and a 50 f/1.4.  The large kit is whatever fits
into the LowePro Magnum (and thats a LOT) and makes sense for what I'm going
to do.  Works fine and everything is (almost) always put away.  Out of
sight, out of my wife's mind.  New stuff gets "put away" immediately and
never noticed :)

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Michael Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think I have my OM systems in order for the type of photography I am
>currently doing (or not doing due to shortage of time).
>
>I have package up in separate camera bags, packs, 3 systems that I can grab
>from the shelf and go anywhere and shoot almost anything.