Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: "Ron Crabtree" <crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 09:32:42 -0600
In this instance, the camera taking the actual image(the camera with film)
is a medium format camera without OTF capability.  Merely using the Om to
give an exposure reading would require extrapolating the exposure time for a
smaller f-stop and using a stop watch for the very long exposure times
needed.  By simply firing the OM and using the length of time the shutter
was open to guide my exposure time for the medium format camera, life was
made much easier.  My mistake was in not realizing that the OM would give
improper(but acceptable in this case) exposures since it had no film in it.
Hope this makes sense.

RonCrabtree
Santa Fe, NM