Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 23:22:05 EDT
To clear up misconception(s) regarding Joel's statement:

<< I've used my OM-2S as a meter for my OM-1 but with film in both. Gary
Reese discussed this last summer.  Worked great for fireworks. >>

We were/are discussing time exposures greater than 1 second.  One basically
uses two shutter cables and lets go of them when the shutter on the OFT
exposured OM body closes.  Works great for side by side OM/view camera time
exposures, or, as Joel points out, a manual OM body with an auto body.

Speaking of things mentioned last summer: I just discovered that whatever
search engine AOL is using on its home page, it hits everything we have said
on the OM List that is now in the 1998 (at least) archives.  I was just
showing a new user how to seach the WWW, after having signed them up for a
health related Listserver mailing list.  We had just finished discussing
lerker vs. participant in relation to mailing lists.  Then I did a seach on:
Gary + Reese + Olympus   Yikes, what a take home lesson in how anything ones
says in cyberspace is available to the whole world.

Something to ponder before we go hitting the Send button . . .

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV