Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting r

Subject: Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting resolution
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 12:04:19 -0700
>I got my issue yesterday.  The article is by Keppler. It tests mainly
>Nikon F5 with and w/o MLU. Results are astoundingly better **with** MLU.
>Sometimes exceeding **two** or even **three** times the resolution of no
>MLU!  The OM-1 vs OM-4T results are not quite as eye-opening, but the -1
>with MLU does show up to 43% better resolution. The 'worst' shutter

{MLU = Mirror Lock-Up}

Hmmm!  I've always wondered why my old rangefinder pictures (Leica M-2,
later IIIf) are generally better than my old SLR pictures.  I had always
attributed it to better lenses, and the superiority of rangefinder
focusing. It may be that the RF's lack of a mirror is significant, too.

And of course, Keppler shows that the OM mirror action, being less clunky
than wonderbricks, degrades the image less (OM content).

--- Peter