Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockupeffecting re

Subject: Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockupeffecting resolution
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 18:35:53 -0700
Hi Joel;

Joel Wilcox wrote:

> At 07:53 AM 5/16/99 -0700, George you wrote:
>
> Hi George,
>
> Wasn't someone saying just the other day that Keppler has been very
> friendly to Olympus in the past?  How could he not know about the timer
> pre-fire feature which has been on Olympus electronic models since the
> OM-2S?  (That's a rhetorical question ...  What's the correct smiley for
> exasperation?)

Yes, one would think he would know. So why no mention?

> Maybe what Keppler likes is the very short wait between timer/pre-fire/MLU
> and actual firing.  I certainly wish there was a way to shorten the wait on
> the OM-2S.  It's really too long to be quite the moral equivalent of OM-1
> MLU.  There is simply too much that can happen in 12 seconds -- I think of
> flowers dancing in the breeze -- and it's almost always bad.

Yes, apparently it is 2 seconds on the Minolta and Pentax.   And I agree that
12 seconds is a long time.  I wish there was a way to change it. But, when it
comes to flowers dancing in the breeze or a moose posing for ya, seems to me
that 2 seconds is little different than 12. Most things like that, you gotta
grab 'em when they happen, not 2 seconds later! :>)   And, now that I think of
it, unless the M and P are changeable times, 2 secs is a little fast for me to
run into a self-timed picture!  So, there must be something else going on.
Anyone know?

George