Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:47:08 EDT
I think with the OM4 once you take your spot measurements that exposure
reading is memorized. OTF metering only comes into play when using flash or
averaging metering. I think a previous poster had used his OM4 as a meter,
without film, to time the shutter for his P67 and the results were fine. My
guess is that he used spot or spot averaging. If he had used auto (center
weighted), he would have had a couple of stops of overexposure due to the
exposure reading off of the pressure plate. But in slot canyons who knows.

Warren