Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Slot canyon help and low light spot metering
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 13:21:34 -0500
At 10:47 AM 5/17/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I think with the OM4 once you take your spot measurements that exposure
>reading is memorized. OTF metering only comes into play when using flash or
>averaging metering. I think a previous poster had used his OM4 as a meter,
>without film, to time the shutter for his P67 and the results were fine. My
>guess is that he used spot or spot averaging. If he had used auto (center
>weighted), he would have had a couple of stops of overexposure due to the
>exposure reading off of the pressure plate. But in slot canyons who knows.
>
>Warren

Then that would explain why Ron Crabtree got good results using his OM-4
without film and putting a spot reading in memory and syncing an exposure
based on this value with his Pentax 6x7.  The exposure value based on the
spot reading would be related to pre-programmed OTF values but not based on
an OTF reading per se. Thanks for clarifying this, Warren.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA