Re:[OM] Shutter Shudder Revisited

Subject: Re:[OM] Shutter Shudder Revisited
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:15:30 -0400
Joel Wilcox wrote:
>Tomoko responded:
>>We don't know what roles the extension tubes played in your set-up, but it is
>>good to know under such a condition, the 200mm/4 gave sharp results.
>Since I did not use any precautions to neutralize possible mirror slap or
>aperture stop down, the only role that I can see the extension tubes
>playing is in the linkage to stop down the aperture. This I would assume
>would introduce a variable which would deteriorate rather than improve the
>final result. In other words, I don't think the tubes would improve the
>odds of getting sharp pictures, rather the other way around.
Joel,
Do your Vivitar (?) extension tubes automatic aperture closing and opening?

With Olympus extension tubes, earlier ones were manual aperture.  With those,
you can stop down the aperture prior to shutter release, which would eliminate
vibration in the lens due to aperture movement.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/